New Years Resolutions - 2017

23:30



It's nearly 2017, a New Year, a fresh chance to make a change in your life (though lets face it, you could do it at any point of the year really) and improve your quality of living.

I am not normally one for making New Years Resolutions - being rubbish at sticking to them generally means I don't see the point in actually making them in the first place. However, this year I have decided that I would like to make some changes to my life, especially as we have just had a big change to the family dynamics and are about to have a big change when I go back to work in a few days time.

So here are my three New Years Resolutions for 2017.


Spend more time concentrating on living life and enjoying time with my family.
I don't know about you but I am terrible for browsing on my phone or tablet whenever I get a chance and this tends to include when I'm spending time with my family. However, now that Bean has come along, I have realised that I am browsing and looking at my phone when I could be spending quality time with Bo or Bee. 

That, combined with the fact that my spare time has been significantly reduced again now there is a newborn in the family has made me resolve to restrict using my tablet or phone to times when both children are either asleep or otherwise entertained and when I am not spending quality time with my husband. I know that this may result in me having very little time for social media etc, but ultimately my family is what is important and I really want to make sure that I maintain and develop strong bonds with both children, especially as I am going back to full time work soon.


Lose the baby weight and tone up again.
Although the change in my body has not been quite as dramatic as when I had my firstborn (I outgrew all of my trousers and had, literally, nothing to wear), I must admit I am struggling for clothes that fit at the moment. 

Therefore, I have resolved that I would like to drop the baby weight and start toning up my stomach again - mainly just by eating reasonably healthy food and doing some much needed exercise. At the moment I am unsure what kind of exercise I will be starting - as I used to dance when I was younger - but I just need to generally introduce some more exercise into my life, especially as my full time job will be sitting at an office desk.


Get a hobby.
I know what you're thinking - isn't blogging a hobby? Well, you're right, it is, but I have found that it tends to get a little difficult to find topics to blog about when you don't do anything else. I need something that I can relax and enjoy doing in my spare time, something that makes me more of a person, that I can talk about with other people and that adds daily interest to my life.

However, finding a new hobby may be easier said than done. I have been hunting for something that I enjoy doing in my spare time for a long time and, so far, have not succeeded in finding anything. This year I would like to keep on looking for something additional that I enjoy doing, and perhaps even share it on here.


So those are my three New Years Resolutions for 2017. Do you have any New Years Resolutions at all?

Also, if you have any tips on how to find a hobby, or even have some suggestions on what hobby I could take up, please let me know - I would love to hear them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments