20 Week Pregnancy Update - Second Pregnancy

12:27


It's official - we have hit 20 weeks and are half way through this pregnancy! I cannot believe how quickly it is going. In fact, it's a little bit scary knowing that the mini one will arrive so soon!

Next week we get the second scan and, hopefully, get to find out the gender of this little one (I think it's a boy!) so I will be updating you on all of that early next week. 

I am so excited about this scan, and a little nervous! I feel like everything has been on hold so far with regards to this little one, as we don't know whether we will need to buy new clothes for them or whether we will be able to kit them out with Bo's clothes from when she was very little and we haven't really considered names at all!


Symptoms: Now I am well in to the second trimester, all sickness and nausea has disappeared and I am also feeling quite energetic! The main symptoms this week are round ligament pains when I get up or move too suddenly, needing the toilet all of the time and a slight aching feeling in my hips - particularly when I have been lying down on my side at night. Throughout my last pregnancy, I really struggled with pain in my hips when lying down so, whilst I am fully expecting this to happen again, I am hoping it will hold off for just that little bit longer. My raging appetite has actually decreased, which I did not expect, though I am still eating regular snacks to keep me topped up throughout the day.

Baby's Size: Baby is now the size of a small banana - or a paper airplane, depending on what app you use! My bump is just getting big enough to fit into maternity clothes and also to make it incredibly difficult for me to find any clothes that I like or don't make me look like a frump when I try them on.

Stretch Marks: So far I have held off any additional stretch marks and am applying Bio Oil as and when I can remember it. Last time I didn't apply anything and stretch marks only made their dreaded appearance in the very last part of my pregnancy. However, I am trying to make sure I apply something, at least after a bath or a shower, to try and put off the inevitable arrival of any new ones for as long as possible.


Sleep: Unsurprisingly, bump baby is not the one that is keeping me awake at the moment - it's Bo. However, I am having some discomfort in my hips when lying on my side, as I mentioned before, so when I do get some sleep it can make it a little more difficult to drop off.

Cravings: I haven't really been having any cravings over these past few weeks - my need for Aeros and cheese has gone away and I am actually finding myself just eating for the necessity of it, rather than any enjoyment - which, as someone who loves her food, is quite unusual for me!

Looking Forward to: As I mentioned before, I am really looking forward to the second scan next week and finding out the gender of our new addition.

As I mentioned in my previous update, we are still looking for ideas for names - currently both male and female! Do you have any suggestions?


I added this post to the following wonderful linkies:
- Brilliant Blog Posts on the Honest Mum blog. 
- PoCoLo on the Lifeat39a blog.
- Pick'n'Mix Fridays on the Cornish Mum blog. 
- A Blogging Good Time on the Diary of an Imperfect Mum blog.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I remember the 20 week mark well, it felt like a huge milestone to have reached! You must be so excited to find out the sex of the little one, and I look forward to finding out. I don't miss the crazy days of applying Bio Oil morning and night, and being a grease monster. Claire x #PickNMix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about finding out haha I am literally bouncing round the house today!

      Delete
  2. Oh you look fab! Sorry to hear you are having hip problems when trying to sleep. I did too but an L shaped cushion helped a lot! Will you do a gender reveal? Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be doing a reveal - might have a think if there is some interesting way of doing it, rather than just announcing "It's a...." but we will see!

      Delete
  3. Oh your bump is so neat! You're looking great. So good to be passed the 20 week mark and time for the big scan. It's a nerve wracking but wonderful time - especially now the sickness and nausea has eased up #BrillBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it much more now that the tiredness of the first trimester has eased off as well!

      Delete
  4. Aeros and cheese - together? The mint ones or just plain. Isn't the body funny (peculiar not ha ha) during pregnancy. Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, not together! Those are just the two things that I was craving all the time haha and definitely the mint ones!

      Delete
  5. Aw you have such a gorgeous tidy bump, in both my pregnancies I was just huge everywhere ad swollen... very attractive ;) Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I remember feeling great in the second trimester too. My real cravings didn't start until right at the end! Hope you're still feeling good!
    Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo - sorry it took so long for me to get to commenting. x

    ReplyDelete