Guess What?!

12:01


That's right, we are going to have another bundle of poo, sick and giggles join us by the end of the year and Bo is going to be a big sister!

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and am starting to get super excited, especially now that I can feel the odd kick here and there (well, flutter) and the date that we find out the gender is edging closer and closer.

The First Trimester
During the first trimester of my pregnancy with Bo, I must admit I didn't suffer with many symptoms at all - just a lack of energy and a slight aversion to food. 

However, whilst it hasn't been bad at all this time round, I did find that my symptoms during the first trimester were stronger in this pregnancy - suffering from very slight nausea throughout the day, extreme tiredness (but Bo might have contributed to that) and horrible mood swings that I really admire my family's ability to cope with. I haven't had any particular food aversions or cravings as of yet, perhaps going off salmon a little bit but that was all.

I also found that the round ligament pains returned almost immediately during the early weeks, having felt them at just five weeks - the day before I found out I was pregnant. These then seemed to fade away and then returned for the last couple of weeks of the trimester.

The Second Trimester
I am only a few weeks into my second trimester now and the difference is noticeable. I have lots more energy and the nausea has mostly gone away - only returning if I am hungry. My appetite is still huge and I am starting to crave a lot of cheese and mint Aeros (that could just be because they are yummy though!). 

The round ligament pains are still there, meaning I am having to take things a bit slower especially when carrying Bo around and my mood swings are also making an appearance now and again, although not as badly as before.

I think the biggest difference between this second trimester and my second trimester when I was pregnant with Bo is that I feel huge in comparison. The maternity clothes are out, although I am not yet big enough for my maternity trousers so am having to resort to hairbands around my trouser buttons and belly bands. In my first pregnancy, I wasn't even showing until roughly 20 weeks so this is a huge difference for me.

This was me at 15 weeks (two weeks ago) and you can see me at 15 weeks in this post here. Please excuse the dirty mirror!

During my last pregnancy I did a few updates here and there as things progressed so I think I will do something similar for this one. I am really looking forward to finding out the gender of this little one and will have to start thinking up names as, at the moment, we have no idea!

Do you have any suggestions for names for either gender? I'd love to hear them.

I added this post to the following wonderful linkies:
- Brilliant Blog Posts on the Honest Mum blog. 
- PoCoLo on the Morgan Prince blog. 
- Marvellous Mondays on the Hello Archie blog. 

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Congratulations! Looking at the shape of your bump I can tell that it's definitely...a baby. I have a gift for these things ;) #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha this comment made me giggle. I would hope it was a baby, though I have been eating a lot of cake recently ;-) x

      Delete
    2. So sorry to butt in but this is such a fun comment! Congratulations and I think that you have a happy bump because of the cakes! #pocolo

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Let's just say I think my child will have a sweet tooth!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! What a neat little bump :) #Brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope it stays that way, got a while to go yet!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Hope everything goes smoothly for you :) #BrillBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everything going smoothly so far so let's hope it stays that way! x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I was way bigger and experienced more pronounced symptoms with my second too. How exciting for you and your family, enjoy! #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I am not the only one - it seems to be a common thing!

      Delete
  5. Huge congratulations! Such exciting times!! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very excited!

      Delete
  6. I don't think I'll be having another baby, much as I would love to - so here's my girls name: Elvie <3 #MarvMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really pretty name! I am completely useless of thinking of names haha thank you for sharing. X

      Delete
  7. Congrats! What lovely news, lots of exciting times ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we are very excited, though a little daunted at having two! x

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! Lots to look forward too :) xxx #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! What amazing news. I'm 35 weeks into my second pregnancy and I also found round ligament pain started SUPER early on this time. I've definitely had a bit of a tougher time second time round but I've found alot of second-timers say the same thing! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you as well! Glad I'm not the only one who had early round ligament pains - I expected to be bigger this time and be more tired but I really didn't expect for the pain to kick back in so early. Fingers crossed my hips hold out for a bit longer! x

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! Glad you're feeling better in the second trimester! As you asked, I am going to pursue my, as yet unsuccessful, attempts to get someone to name a child Mundungus. Some people appear put off by my unwillingness to name my OWN children Mundungus, but I maintain that there is nothing to be read into that & it's a great name! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mundungus is a fantastic name! Rare, but fantastic haha

      Delete
  11. Congratulations lovely, that's fab news. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and with not too much sick and poo at the end, but lots of giggles. Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo and sorry it's taken me such a while to get here x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope there isn't too much sick or poo as well haha but we will see!

      Delete